In this video, learn how to use offline profiles to deploy existing devices using Windows Autopilot.
- [Instructor] Windows Autopilot … is a Windows 10 feature. … Therefore, you cannot extract or preregister … hardware device IDs for legacy devices, … such as Windows 7 PCs. … Therefore, when faced with migrating … a legacy PC to Windows 10, … you'll need to use an offline Windows Autopilot … deployment profile. … This is accomplished by copying … an Autopilot deployment profile onto a USB drive, … which is then used during the Windows 10 upgrade process. … After the upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 … has been completed, … the device will be auto-joined into Azure AD, … auto-enrolled into Microsoft Intune, … and auto-registered … into the Microsoft Autopilot deployment service. … The mile high view of the process involves … using PowerShell to extract an existing … self-deploying profile, … copying the deployment profile configuration file … to a USB stick, … then upgrading your existing device to Windows 10. … The offline deployment profile … will be used to configure the Out-of-box experience …
This course closely aligns to the first two domains of exam MD-101: Managing Modern Desktops: Deploy and update operating systems and Manage policies and profiles.
- Implementing Windows 10
- Provisioning packages
- Deploying Windows 10 using Windows Autopilot
- Upgrading to Windows 10
- Managing Windows Update for Business
- Managing device authentication
- Working with user profiles
- Managing Windows 10 using Microsoft Intune
- Managing policy precedence
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows 10 deployment1m 3s
1. Implementing Windows 10
2. Windows Autopilot
3. Upgrading to Windows 10
4. Managing Updates
5. Device Authentication
6. Device Co-Management
7. Device Configuration and Compliance
8. Managing User Profiles
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.