In this video, learn how to monitor Windows 10 updates, including using Windows Analytics, viewing update history with the Settings app, and using PowerShell.
- You should monitor your devices to ensure … that updates have been applied as expected. … There may be times when the deployment of an update fails … or an update never gets deployed to a device … or deployment group. … Monitoring allows you to identify and resolve such issues. … Within the Settings App, you can view the Update History … to see all of the updates which are being … installed on individual devices. … These include the date of the installation, … the status, such as "Successfully Installed," … and a link which directs you to a Microsoft webpage … to show more details about the update. … However, the Settings App is not suitable … for organizations managing hundreds … or even thousands of PCs. … For this task, you can use the monitoring section … of Intune or System Center Configuration Manager. … Here, you can see which updates have succeeded … or failed within your deployment groups or update rings. … Enterprises can also use the Update Compliance workspace … of Windows Analytics to view the Update History …
This course closely aligns to the first two domains of exam MD-101: Managing Modern Desktops: Deploy and update operating systems and Manage policies and profiles.
- Implementing Windows 10
- Provisioning packages
- Deploying Windows 10 using Windows Autopilot
- Upgrading to Windows 10
- Managing Windows Update for Business
- Managing device authentication
- Working with user profiles
- Managing Windows 10 using Microsoft Intune
- Managing policy precedence
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows 10 deployment1m 3s
1. Implementing Windows 10
2. Windows Autopilot
3. Upgrading to Windows 10
4. Managing Updates
5. Device Authentication
6. Device Co-Management
7. Device Configuration and Compliance
8. Managing User Profiles
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.