In this video, learn how to migrate from Group Policy objects to Mobile Device Management policies for device management, including a review of using the Mobile Device Management Migration Analysis Tool (MMAT) to identify and map policies.
- [Instructor] If you're planning to move … to a cloud-only system, … or if you want to use mobile device management … to manage all of your devices and apps, … you'll probably need to create some new Intune policies. … If you've used Group Policy in your organization, … you may have invested a lot of time and effort … configuring your GPOs, … and you'll want to use … as much of your existing setup as possible … when migrating to MDM. … At the moment there is not a one-to-one mapping … between Group Policy Objects, … and the MDM policies within Intune. … So for some of your GPOs … there will not be an equivalent setting in Intune. … However you should be able to migrate most of your GPOs … and for those non-migrating GPOs, … it's best to identify the outcome of the Group Policy Object … and then see if there's an MDM policy within Intune … that covers the objective that you're looking to achieve. … With an existing on-premises environment … you may find you have many Group Policy Objects in place. …
This course closely aligns to the first two domains of exam MD-101: Managing Modern Desktops: Deploy and update operating systems and Manage policies and profiles.
- Implementing Windows 10
- Provisioning packages
- Deploying Windows 10 using Windows Autopilot
- Upgrading to Windows 10
- Managing Windows Update for Business
- Managing device authentication
- Working with user profiles
- Managing Windows 10 using Microsoft Intune
- Managing policy precedence
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows 10 deployment1m 3s
1. Implementing Windows 10
2. Windows Autopilot
3. Upgrading to Windows 10
4. Managing Updates
5. Device Authentication
6. Device Co-Management
7. Device Configuration and Compliance
8. Managing User Profiles
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.