In this video, learn about user profiles, including how to backup and migrate user profiles after your Windows 10 upgrade and the benefits of doing so.
- [Instructor] When you perform an in-place upgrade, … all user profiles containing user settings, … apps, and drivers, are retained. … However, we have seen that there will be times … when you need to perform a clean installation of Windows 10. … With a clean install, you can still retain … your users' profile settings, … if you created a backup of them first. … You'll then be able to migrate them to the new device. … You may be thinking, … why do you need to migrate your user profiles? … The simple answer is that not all users are power users. … And for the majority of end users, … the active recreating templates, … configuring app and desktop settings, … is complex and painful, and certainly not an enjoyable task. … However, the most compelling reason … for migrating user profiles in your organization … is that by reducing user frustration, … you can dramatically enhance user adoption … of new technology and increase productivity. … Let's see how we can carry out this migration task at scale. …
This course closely aligns to the first two domains of exam MD-101: Managing Modern Desktops: Deploy and update operating systems and Manage policies and profiles.
- Implementing Windows 10
- Provisioning packages
- Deploying Windows 10 using Windows Autopilot
- Upgrading to Windows 10
- Managing Windows Update for Business
- Managing device authentication
- Working with user profiles
- Managing Windows 10 using Microsoft Intune
- Managing policy precedence
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows 10 deployment1m 3s
1. Implementing Windows 10
2. Windows Autopilot
3. Upgrading to Windows 10
4. Managing Updates
5. Device Authentication
6. Device Co-Management
7. Device Configuration and Compliance
8. Managing User Profiles
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.