In this video, learn how to manage precedence within a co-managed environment, including Group Policy objects, Intune policies, and how to resolve policy conflicts.
- If you're managing an On-Premises System, … it's likely that you're using Group Policy … to manage and configure your devices. … Similarly, if you've already moved … all of your devices to the Cloud, … then you're probably using Microsoft Policies instead. … However in a co-managed system, … you'll need to manage … both Group Policies and Intune Policies across your devices. … In my many cases, some devices will even receive … both types of policy. … You'll need to make sure … that there are no overlapping conflicts … between the two systems; … therefore, you'll need to understand … how to manage policy precedence. … The term Precedence or Precedence dictates … which rules and settings have priority … over other rules and settings. … For example, if you configure a setting using Group Policy, … then also configure the same setting using Intune Policies … which configuration will be implemented? … You'll need to take into account precedence … when co-managing the devices and apps. … Let's take a look …
This course closely aligns to the first two domains of exam MD-101: Managing Modern Desktops: Deploy and update operating systems and Manage policies and profiles.
- Implementing Windows 10
- Provisioning packages
- Deploying Windows 10 using Windows Autopilot
- Upgrading to Windows 10
- Managing Windows Update for Business
- Managing device authentication
- Working with user profiles
- Managing Windows 10 using Microsoft Intune
- Managing policy precedence
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows 10 deployment1m 3s
1. Implementing Windows 10
2. Windows Autopilot
3. Upgrading to Windows 10
4. Managing Updates
5. Device Authentication
6. Device Co-Management
7. Device Configuration and Compliance
8. Managing User Profiles
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.