In this video, learn how to extract device IDs using PowerShell and the different processes you can use to import device IDs.
- [Narrator] The Windows Autopilot process … uses device hardware IDs … to associate specific devices … with an individual organization. … The devices' IDs are registered … as part of the Autopilot setup process. … Let's find out more about device hardware IDs now. … A device hardware ID is a unique identifier for a device. … The hardware ID is a string of letters and numbers … which can be used … to uniquely identify each individual device. … When you register the ID … to the Windows Autopilot deployment service, … it is associated to your cloud-based tenant. … There are several ways to discover the ID … of a device. … Your hardware vendor can supply a list … of device hardware IDs for any new devices you've purchased. … They should be sent to you as a CSV formatted file. … They can also upload this file directly … to the Autopilot deployment service. … Alternatively … you can find the device hardware IDs yourself, … by either using System Center Configuration Manager … that is using the current branch version 1802 or later …
This course closely aligns to the first two domains of exam MD-101: Managing Modern Desktops: Deploy and update operating systems and Manage policies and profiles.
- Implementing Windows 10
- Provisioning packages
- Deploying Windows 10 using Windows Autopilot
- Upgrading to Windows 10
- Managing Windows Update for Business
- Managing device authentication
- Working with user profiles
- Managing Windows 10 using Microsoft Intune
- Managing policy precedence
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows 10 deployment1m 3s
1. Implementing Windows 10
2. Windows Autopilot
3. Upgrading to Windows 10
4. Managing Updates
5. Device Authentication
6. Device Co-Management
7. Device Configuration and Compliance
8. Managing User Profiles
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.