In this video, learn about Windows 10 sign-in options, including passwords, PIN, Windows Hello, picture passwords, and managing password policies.
- [Instructor] Windows 10 supports a variety … of sign-in methods for your users … offering them flexibility and convenience. … There are many different forms of sign-in methods available … including passwords, PIN, biometric sign-in … such as fingerprint, smartcards, and even picture passwords. … The most commonly used form of login … is still the username and password method. … Unfortunately this method is one … that the users forget quite often. … Restrictions can be placed on passwords to ensure … that they're not easy to hack. … For example, they must be a certain length … and contain a mixture of letters and symbols. … Whilst adding complexity increases security, … if users forget them or write them down … that makes them vulnerable to attack … and can weaken security. … An alternative to the password, is the PIN … or personal identification number. … These are usually four or more numbers in length … and are often used as the default login method … for mobile phones and tablets. …
This course closely aligns to the first two domains of exam MD-101: Managing Modern Desktops: Deploy and update operating systems and Manage policies and profiles.
- Implementing Windows 10
- Provisioning packages
- Deploying Windows 10 using Windows Autopilot
- Upgrading to Windows 10
- Managing Windows Update for Business
- Managing device authentication
- Working with user profiles
- Managing Windows 10 using Microsoft Intune
- Managing policy precedence
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows 10 deployment1m 3s
1. Implementing Windows 10
2. Windows Autopilot
3. Upgrading to Windows 10
4. Managing Updates
5. Device Authentication
6. Device Co-Management
7. Device Configuration and Compliance
8. Managing User Profiles
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.