In this video, learn the advantages of in-place upgrades and how to manage the in-place upgrade process, including tools available to you.
- [Narrator] Let's look at the benefits … and options available for managing in place upgrade process. … The benefits of using … the in place upgrade method includes reliability. … In place upgrades of Windows 10 … are designed to be reliable. … Rollback. … If any issues are encountered during the upgrade process, … Windows 10 can be automatically rolled back … to the previous version of Windows. … And speed from start to finish. … The upgrade process can complete rapidly. … You also have convenience. … In place upgrades don't require installation images … to be created and managed. … Upgrading is simple. … It does not require any complex infrastructure, … and requires little IT support. … And finally, … because all user settings, drivers, and apps are retained, … your users are productive almost immediately. … Enterprises will typically automate the upgrade process … to perform the upgrade at scale. … You manage upgrades by using Windows update for business, … max of Intune, the max of diploma toolkit, …
This course closely aligns to the first two domains of exam MD-101: Managing Modern Desktops: Deploy and update operating systems and Manage policies and profiles.
- Implementing Windows 10
- Provisioning packages
- Deploying Windows 10 using Windows Autopilot
- Upgrading to Windows 10
- Managing Windows Update for Business
- Managing device authentication
- Working with user profiles
- Managing Windows 10 using Microsoft Intune
- Managing policy precedence
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows 10 deployment1m 3s
1. Implementing Windows 10
2. Windows Autopilot
3. Upgrading to Windows 10
4. Managing Updates
5. Device Authentication
6. Device Co-Management
7. Device Configuration and Compliance
8. Managing User Profiles
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.