In this video, learn how to configure and manage Windows Update for Business using Group Policy, mobile device management, or System Center Configuration Manager.
- [Instructor] There are three main methods … for administrators to manage … and configure Windows Update for Business. … These include, you can use Group Policy, … Mobile Device Management such as Microsoft Intune, … or Systems Center Configuration Manager. … With Group Policy, you can control your on-premises devices. … And control features including preview builds, … such as enabling and disabling preview builds. … And selecting which Semi-Annual Channel … for your devices to use. … You can also configure feature and quality update settings, … such as managing any deferral periods. … And whether updates should be paused. … For example, if a department or team is in the middle … of an urgent project which should not be disturbed. … You can also use Microsoft Intune. … As shown here within … the Microsoft 365 Device Management portal. … You'll configure software updates … using Windows Update for Business … within the Software Updates area of Microsoft Intune. … Here, you'll configure your Windows 10 update rings. …
This course closely aligns to the first two domains of exam MD-101: Managing Modern Desktops: Deploy and update operating systems and Manage policies and profiles.
- Implementing Windows 10
- Provisioning packages
- Deploying Windows 10 using Windows Autopilot
- Upgrading to Windows 10
- Managing Windows Update for Business
- Managing device authentication
- Working with user profiles
- Managing Windows 10 using Microsoft Intune
- Managing policy precedence
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows 10 deployment1m 3s
1. Implementing Windows 10
2. Windows Autopilot
3. Upgrading to Windows 10
4. Managing Updates
5. Device Authentication
6. Device Co-Management
7. Device Configuration and Compliance
8. Managing User Profiles
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.