In this video, learn how to manage Windows 10 updates, including the update process, using deployment rings, and how to rollback updates if a problem is encountered.
- [Instructor] When supporting just a few PCs, … it's relatively easy to manage the update process, … however, for large organizations, … managing updates is a much bigger project … and it's essential that you ensure … that the correct devices are receiving approved updates … in the right timeframe to stay secure and supported. … In order to manage the update process within an enterprise, … you'll need to use various tools. … We've seen that you can use Windows Update for Business … to control the deployment of updates, … Group Policy to configure on-premises devices, … and Microsoft Intune to configure … your Azure Active Directory-enrolled devices. … In addition, you can also use Windows Analytics … to monitor updates that are being applied … and PowerShell to find and extract information from devices, … which can be useful when both managing … and monitoring updates. … Let's learn more about managing updates … and then look at how to monitor updates. … In order to manage the update process within an enterprise, …
This course closely aligns to the first two domains of exam MD-101: Managing Modern Desktops: Deploy and update operating systems and Manage policies and profiles.
- Implementing Windows 10
- Provisioning packages
- Deploying Windows 10 using Windows Autopilot
- Upgrading to Windows 10
- Managing Windows Update for Business
- Managing device authentication
- Working with user profiles
- Managing Windows 10 using Microsoft Intune
- Managing policy precedence
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows 10 deployment1m 3s
1. Implementing Windows 10
2. Windows Autopilot
3. Upgrading to Windows 10
4. Managing Updates
5. Device Authentication
6. Device Co-Management
7. Device Configuration and Compliance
8. Managing User Profiles
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.