In this video, learn how to use Folder Redirection to ensure that all user data is saved in the correct networked storage locations.
- [Instructor] Often, when working from home … or away from the office environment, … users may save work files to the hard drive of their device, … however, this setup is not ideal for organizations. … You really don't want to have corporate data … stored solely on local drives. … Organizations can implement a feature … called Folder Redirection to ensure … that files are saved to a specific, more secure location, … such as a network storage location. … Let's quickly review why Folder Redirection can be useful. … Users can access documents from multiple devices, … allowing them to work from any location. … The data does not physically roam with the user profile, … it stays on the file server … unless an individual file is required. … The organization has more control … and visibility over their digital information … when it's stored centrally, and it removes the need … and complexity of backing up individual devices … since no work is stored on local hard drives. … Modern devices, such as the Surface Pro device, …
This course closely aligns to the first two domains of exam MD-101: Managing Modern Desktops: Deploy and update operating systems and Manage policies and profiles.
- Implementing Windows 10
- Provisioning packages
- Deploying Windows 10 using Windows Autopilot
- Upgrading to Windows 10
- Managing Windows Update for Business
- Managing device authentication
- Working with user profiles
- Managing Windows 10 using Microsoft Intune
- Managing policy precedence
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows 10 deployment1m 3s
1. Implementing Windows 10
2. Windows Autopilot
3. Upgrading to Windows 10
4. Managing Updates
5. Device Authentication
6. Device Co-Management
7. Device Configuration and Compliance
8. Managing User Profiles
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.