In this video, learn how to identify upgrade and downgrade paths, suitable versions and upgrade options, and how to perform a Windows 10 edition upgrade.
- [Instructor] The in-place upgrade … is the easiest and quickest method … for migrating to Windows 10. … Before you start, you need to verify … that the in-place upgrade method will work for you. … Microsoft recommends the in-place upgrade … because Windows 10 is installed … on the top of your current operating system. … This allows all user data, applications and app settings … and device drivers to be retained. … Note that within in-place upgrade, … you cannot make major changes to the device … such as repartitioning drives … or moving from a 32-bit to 64-bit architecture. … In-place upgrade can be used … if the device is running Windows 7 … or a newer version of Windows. … However, to upgrade to a specific Windows 10 Edition, … this may require a two-step process. … By first upgrading to Windows 10 … and then upgrading to Windows 10 Edition. … Let's take a look at the options. … The table shows the Windows 7 upgrade path options … available to Windows 10 Pro and Enterprise. … Most paths are good …
This course closely aligns to the first two domains of exam MD-101: Managing Modern Desktops: Deploy and update operating systems and Manage policies and profiles.
- Implementing Windows 10
- Provisioning packages
- Deploying Windows 10 using Windows Autopilot
- Upgrading to Windows 10
- Managing Windows Update for Business
- Managing device authentication
- Working with user profiles
- Managing Windows 10 using Microsoft Intune
- Managing policy precedence
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows 10 deployment1m 3s
1. Implementing Windows 10
2. Windows Autopilot
3. Upgrading to Windows 10
4. Managing Updates
5. Device Authentication
6. Device Co-Management
7. Device Configuration and Compliance
8. Managing User Profiles
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.