In this video, get a review of infrastructure as a service, platform as a service, and software as a service, comparing their key differences and characteristics, with examples of each type of service.
- [Instructor] Let's review the primary service models again … but this time in more depth … and including a look at each of their characteristics. … The three primary cloud models … are Infrastructure as a Service, or IaaS, … Platform as a Service or PaaS, … and Software as a Service or SaaS. … The Infrastructure as a Software model allows you … to rent your hardware … such as servers, storage and networking … from the data center. … The host provides and manages the equipment, … keeping it all operational … and it's kept separate … from other customers … because of virtualization. … You can manage the guest operating systems … using remote desktop … or a third-party app and any software … such as databases or application servers running on them. … You'll also assume full responsibility … for keeping your applications running. … Examples of IaaS include Amazon EC3, … Microsoft Azure, Rackspace … and Google Compute Engine. … These organizations have invested billions … of dollars to help build huge data centers …
- Cloud principles and delivery mechanisms
- Managing privacy in the cloud
- Meeting compliance goals
- Cloud availability
- Monitoring service health and maintenance
- Cloud services and their characteristics
- Identifying requirements of Microsoft cloud services
- Signing up for cloud services
- Configuring cloud services
- Configuring Microsoft Intune
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Cloud Principles and Delivery Mechanisms
2. Cloud Security Requirements and Policies
3. Cloud Updates and Availability
Cloud availability1m 6s
4. Types of Cloud Services
5. Identify Requirements of Microsoft Cloud Services
6. Sign Up for Cloud Services
7. Configure Cloud Services
8. Cloud-Based Device Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.