In this video, get a review of the Global Administrator role used to set up Microsoft 365. Explore the other administrative role available and see a demonstration of assigning administrator roles in Microsoft 365.
- [Instructor] When setting up a cloud service … such as Microsoft 365, … the first user will be a global administrator, … and everyone else is a user. … You will need to allocate admin roles to other users … such as security reader or billing administrator. … These administrative roles can have far-reaching impact, … and they're essential … for spreading the administrative burden … especially if your organization … has thousands of users to manage. … Let's review the various administrative roles … available in Microsoft 365. … The global administrator role … is the account created on the first time you sign up … for Office 365 of Microsoft 365. … This role is a powerful account, … and it's granted full access … to the Microsoft 365 admin portal. … You will need to ensure that this account … is allocated to a suitable person … such as the head of IT or a board member. … The global administrator should only be used … when strictly necessary. … For example, for tasks that require … global administrator privileges. …
- Cloud principles and delivery mechanisms
- Managing privacy in the cloud
- Meeting compliance goals
- Cloud availability
- Monitoring service health and maintenance
- Cloud services and their characteristics
- Identifying requirements of Microsoft cloud services
- Signing up for cloud services
- Configuring cloud services
- Configuring Microsoft Intune
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Cloud Principles and Delivery Mechanisms
2. Cloud Security Requirements and Policies
3. Cloud Updates and Availability
Cloud availability1m 6s
4. Types of Cloud Services
5. Identify Requirements of Microsoft Cloud Services
6. Sign Up for Cloud Services
7. Configure Cloud Services
8. Cloud-Based Device Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.