In this video, get an overview of the main cloud principles, including the advantages of cloud computing, such as global data centers, reduced operational costs, server consolidation, and improved reliability. This video also includes an introduction to cloud sprawl and multi-tenancy benefits.
- [Narrator] You may have noticed … that IT has gone all cloud. … Everyone seems to be talking about the cloud … and how wonderful it is. … Let's first define what we mean by cloud computing. … A cloud service provider or CSP offers resources … such as virtual servers and applications … that are purchased by companies … and accessed over the internet. … Examples include industry leaders … such as Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure. … Cloud service providers are capable of delivering … virtually unlimited computing, … networking, and storage resources … from a globally available resource pool. … These resources can be dynamically expanded … to provide you with the extra capacity … that you need to any location in the world. … There are four main advantages … of moving off premises and into the cloud: … Global placement of your datacenter infrastructure, … reduced operational costs, … consolidation of your servers and services, … which then gives us improved reliability, … resilience, and agility. …
- Cloud principles and delivery mechanisms
- Managing privacy in the cloud
- Meeting compliance goals
- Cloud availability
- Monitoring service health and maintenance
- Cloud services and their characteristics
- Identifying requirements of Microsoft cloud services
- Signing up for cloud services
- Configuring cloud services
- Configuring Microsoft Intune
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Cloud Principles and Delivery Mechanisms
2. Cloud Security Requirements and Policies
3. Cloud Updates and Availability
Cloud availability1m 6s
4. Types of Cloud Services
5. Identify Requirements of Microsoft Cloud Services
6. Sign Up for Cloud Services
7. Configure Cloud Services
8. Cloud-Based Device Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.