Review how layers of IT infrastructure can be outsourced, removing complexity, overhead, and costs. Also, explore how working at a remote site by using the cloud can cause Abstraction.
- [Narrator] We've seen that moving to the cloud … provides us with opportunities to reduce computing costs, … and this has encouraged businesses … to move to the cloud. … Let's review some of the more often overlooked questions … about the cloud. … Such as, who actually owns the data stored in the cloud? … We know that we're abstracted from the physical side … of the cloud provision. … This is on purpose. … The hardware is expensive and complex, … and cloud service providers need to keep … the environment sterile. … Customers also don't like complexity, … and they just want the service. … With the global scale of the cloud, … cloud service providers are able to offer services, … such as Azure or Office 365, … that behave just like a utility company. … A couple of years ago, … I was to lucky enough to travel from the UK to New York … on the Queen Mary II ocean liner. … Another way to think of abstraction … is the difference between the passenger and the crew … on the cruise ship. … There are typically 2,500 passengers on the Queen Mary II, …
- Cloud principles and delivery mechanisms
- Managing privacy in the cloud
- Meeting compliance goals
- Cloud availability
- Monitoring service health and maintenance
- Cloud services and their characteristics
- Identifying requirements of Microsoft cloud services
- Signing up for cloud services
- Configuring cloud services
- Configuring Microsoft Intune
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Cloud Principles and Delivery Mechanisms
2. Cloud Security Requirements and Policies
3. Cloud Updates and Availability
Cloud availability1m 6s
4. Types of Cloud Services
5. Identify Requirements of Microsoft Cloud Services
6. Sign Up for Cloud Services
7. Configure Cloud Services
8. Cloud-Based Device Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.