In this video, learn how to use device profiles to manage mobile device settings and feature, the different profiles available, and an introduction to planning and configuring profiles.
- [Narrator] Device configuration profiles are used … to manage and control the settings and features … available on your enroll devices … such as allowing or restricting the use of device features. … You'll probably use multiple profiles … within your organization since you'll have … multiple platforms and each platform will require its own. … For example, if you want to configure … Bitlocker Drive encryption, you'll need to use this … on a Windows 10 device and therefore … you will need a Windows 10 device configuration policy. … If your sales department all have iPhones … then they'll need to use a specific profile for the iPhone. … You can reuse or share profiles … across different departments or device groups. … And just like group policy, you can create … multiple layered profiles that target user's devices. … If you're supporting several platforms … or operating system versions, then you'll need to create … profiles to support each type. … For example, you may have an Android device profile …
This course closely aligns to the first two domains of exam MD-101: Managing Modern Desktops: Deploy and update operating systems and Manage policies and profiles.
- Implementing Windows 10
- Provisioning packages
- Deploying Windows 10 using Windows Autopilot
- Upgrading to Windows 10
- Managing Windows Update for Business
- Managing device authentication
- Working with user profiles
- Managing Windows 10 using Microsoft Intune
- Managing policy precedence
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows 10 deployment1m 3s
1. Implementing Windows 10
2. Windows Autopilot
3. Upgrading to Windows 10
4. Managing Updates
5. Device Authentication
6. Device Co-Management
7. Device Configuration and Compliance
8. Managing User Profiles
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.