In this video, learn how to use the SetupDiag tool to analyze log files to identity installation and upgrade issues.
- [Instructor] Let's drop on to our demo pc … and take a look at the SetupDiag tool. … We can use this when troubleshooting Windows 10 upgrades. … First, we'll need to download the tool from Microsoft. … I'll Download SetupDiag to download the tool. … I'll open the folder, stored in the Downloads location, … and run the tool. … The tool automatically searches for setup logs, … and automatically analyzes the logs it finds. … The tool creates two files in the Downloads folder: … a configuration file, and a log file. … I'll open the SetupDiag Results log file. … And here we can see the results of the analysis: … The machine was recently upgraded … from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. … We can see at the bottom of the report, … that SetupDiag reports the successful upgrade … of the machine. … Any failures in the upgrade will be identified … in the log file. … …
This course closely aligns to the first two domains of exam MD-101: Managing Modern Desktops: Deploy and update operating systems and Manage policies and profiles.
- Implementing Windows 10
- Provisioning packages
- Deploying Windows 10 using Windows Autopilot
- Upgrading to Windows 10
- Managing Windows Update for Business
- Managing device authentication
- Working with user profiles
- Managing Windows 10 using Microsoft Intune
- Managing policy precedence
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows 10 deployment1m 3s
1. Implementing Windows 10
2. Windows Autopilot
3. Upgrading to Windows 10
4. Managing Updates
5. Device Authentication
6. Device Co-Management
7. Device Configuration and Compliance
8. Managing User Profiles
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.