In this video, learn how to prepare for migrating GPO to MDM policies by extracting Group Policy object information using PowerShell (MMAT).
- [Instructor] Let's drop onto our demo PC … and see how we can use the MDM Migration Analysis Tool … in preparation for migrating from managing devices using … group policy objects … to using Intune policies. … I am on a domain based device … that's subject to a number of group policies. … One of the prerequisites I need to do first … is that the device needs to have … the remote server administration tools. … You'll need to install these as the MMAT user group's … policy tools to pool the information. … I've already installed the asset … from the website on screen. … The next thing that we need to do … is download the latest version of the Microsoft tool … from the GitHub site. … I performed a searched on MMAT tools … or you can use the link on screen. … On the right hand side, click download … and then download the compressed file, … unzip the files and then launch the instructions. … You can review the instructions … and on page three are three partial scripts … that we'll need to execute. …
This course closely aligns to the first two domains of exam MD-101: Managing Modern Desktops: Deploy and update operating systems and Manage policies and profiles.
- Implementing Windows 10
- Provisioning packages
- Deploying Windows 10 using Windows Autopilot
- Upgrading to Windows 10
- Managing Windows Update for Business
- Managing device authentication
- Working with user profiles
- Managing Windows 10 using Microsoft Intune
- Managing policy precedence
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows 10 deployment1m 3s
1. Implementing Windows 10
2. Windows Autopilot
3. Upgrading to Windows 10
4. Managing Updates
5. Device Authentication
6. Device Co-Management
7. Device Configuration and Compliance
8. Managing User Profiles
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.