In this video, learn how to use Folder Redirection to ensure that all user data is saved in the correct networked storage locations, including a review of using offline files and Folder Redirection set up.
- Let's drop onto our domain controller … to see how we can implement folder redirection. … We need to configure this using group policy. … I'll show you the settings on a domain controller. … In your lab environment you can … practice this using a Windows 10 machine … and use local group policy. … Within server manager I'll select tools, … and then group policy management. … Within my group policy objects … I'll right click, and create a new group policy object. … [computer keys clacking] … I'll provide a meaningful name, and click OK, … and then select the group policy and click edit. … We now need to open the user configuration … policies, window settings, … and select the folder redirection note. … We can see a list of known folders … such as Documents, Pictures, Music, and more. … I'll select Documents, and show you how to configure … folder redirection just for this one folder. … You can repeat this process for multiple folders. … To enable a setting, we need to turn it on. … There are two options, basic and advanced. …
This course closely aligns to the first two domains of exam MD-101: Managing Modern Desktops: Deploy and update operating systems and Manage policies and profiles.
- Implementing Windows 10
- Provisioning packages
- Deploying Windows 10 using Windows Autopilot
- Upgrading to Windows 10
- Managing Windows Update for Business
- Managing device authentication
- Working with user profiles
- Managing Windows 10 using Microsoft Intune
- Managing policy precedence
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows 10 deployment1m 3s
1. Implementing Windows 10
2. Windows Autopilot
3. Upgrading to Windows 10
4. Managing Updates
5. Device Authentication
6. Device Co-Management
7. Device Configuration and Compliance
8. Managing User Profiles
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.