Get started with the latest version of MicroStation V8i SELECTseries. This project-based course is designed to help you acquire the 3D tools and techniques you need to confidently tackle design projects of any size or complexity with MicroStation.
- [David] Hello and welcome to MicroStation 3D Essentials. My name is Dave Martin and I'll be your instructor for this tutorial over the next four to five hours. The projects that we're going to be covering is in mechanical drawing format. We're going to be doing a basic one-view drawing, a three-view orthographic projection drawing, then an auxiliary view drawing, showing an auxiliary view surface, and then we'll be finishing up with a four part assembly drawing. I hope you'll find these tutorials enjoyable and informative, and that they will help you in your goal of learning the 3D tools and techniques used in the MicroStation SELECT Series software.
- Navigating the interface efficiently
- Creating 2D views from 3D solid geometry
- Creating a complex shape
- Creating dimension styles
- Creating a 2D view with title blocks
- Dimensioning and printing a drawing
- Beginning the 3D solid
- Drawing and dimensioning a plate, bracket, and more
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to the Software and Projects
2. Drawing and Dimensioning a Plate
3. Drawing and Dimensioning a Bracket
4. Drawing and Dimensioning an Angle Guide
5. Drawing and Dimensioning a Geneva Cam Assembly
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.