Join Jeanne Aarhus for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Microstation: AccuDraw.
- [Instructor] If you are a premium member of LinkedIn Learning, you have access to the exercise files used throughout this course. These exercise files are in a folder called Exercise_Files and for this demonstration have been placed in a folder on my desktop. You can place them wherever you want in your own system. However, you will need to edit the Embracing-AccuDraw-V8i, that UCF file delivered with the exercise files, if you place your files in a different location. I recommend that you keep your downloaded files on the desktop to simplify using the downloaded exercise files and resources.
Now, I can open up the Exercise_Files folder on my desktop. And you'll see the folder Embracing-AccuDraw-V8i. I will open that folder and locate the Embracing-AccuDraw-V8i.ucf file. This file must be copied into your MicroStation installation folder in order for the course files to work properly. So I will right click and copy this file to the clipboard. I've provided a shortcut to take you right where you need to put this file, unless you installed your MicroStation in a non-standard location.
If you did install your MicroStation in the standard location, just double click on this shortcut and paste the UCF file here. This configuration file defines how MicroStation knows where to look for the various resources used throughout this course. This user workspace configuration must be selected when working with the exercise files. Let me demonstrate how to select this user workspace configuration file. Start up your MicroStation application. And when the File Open dialog appears, locate the workspace settings for User, Project, and Interface in the lower right corner.
Using the user drop down list, select the Embracing-AccuDraw-V8i user. This will automatically navigate the dialog to the design files location for this course. Now you're ready to work with the delivered exercise files. You'll find a collection of files in the dgn folder that relates back to each video. Open the files when instructed to do so to follow along with the demonstration. If you're not a premium member of LinkedIn Learning, you won't have access to these exercise files.
But you can still follow along with your own MicroStation files. So let's get started and learn more about how to integrate AccuDraw into your working environment, so you can be more productive using MicroStation.
- Using AccuDraw and AccuSnap
- Controlling focus
- Using multi-snaps
- AccuDraw basics in 2D and 3D
- Using AccuDraw shortcuts
- Drawing and modifying 3D solids
- Advanced AccuDraw techniques
- Custom AccuDraw shortcuts