Learn how to use the cell selector utility to simplify placing standard cells.
- [Speaker] This exercise will demonstrate…how to use the cell selector utility in MicroStation.…Continue using the file for chapter 8…and working with cells.dgn and using view groups.…Select the cell selector model.…The cell selector utility provides…an alternative interface for placing cells…in the drawing file.…Using the cell selector provides some…additional control methods for placing cells.…You can place the cell, just as you do…from within the cell library dialogue.…But, you can also add key ins…to set MicroStation attributes or to automate standards.…
The cell selector also provides…an easy to use dialogue with pictures of the cells.…Which helps users learn the symbol library…and can improve productivity for commonly used cells.…For example, if I need to place…a point cell directional arrow,…using a specific level or color,…I can add that to the key in using the cell selector method.…Let me demonstrate, using the pull down menus…select utilities, cell selector.…Using the cell selector dialogue,…select the pull down menu file, load cell library.…
- Placing, points, curves, and line streams
- Editing text
- Working with dimensions
- Element attributes
- Changing the display and scales of various linestyle types
- Working with groups
- Modifying and manipulating fences
- Using measure commands
- Working with cells
Skill Level Advanced
Learning Bentley MicroStation V8iwith Jeanne Aarhus3h 11m Intermediate
MicroStation 3D Essential Trainingwith David Martin3h 37m Beginner
1. More Draw Commands
2. Working with Text
3. Working with Dimensions
4. Working with Element Attributes
5. Working with Groups
6. Using Fences
7. Using Measure Commands
8. Working with Cells
Next steps1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.