See how to place linear dimensions for multiple elements and how to place one-sided, symmetrical, and chamfer dimensions.
- [Instructor] This exercise will demonstrate…how to use some additional linear commands…that do not appear using the…out of the box dimension tool box.…Continue using the file for chapter three,…Working with Dimension.dgn…and using view groups, select the Linear 3 model.…I need to turn on the additional linear dimension toolbox.…Using the pull down menu,…select Tools, Dimensions, Linear Dimensions,…and Open as a Toolbox.…This toolbox contains some of the more obscure…linear dimension commands,…but I know that I use some of these…so I wanted to make sure everyone knew they existed.…
The first command I want to discuss…is the Dimension Size Perpendicular command.…Use the Dimension Size Perpendicular command…to dimension the perpendicular distance…between two elements…and snap to the endpoints between the two buildings…and left click to define the dimension location.…The next command is Dimension Symmetrical.…The Dimension Symmetrical command…is used to create linear dimensions…by specifying data points…that symmetric to a defined center line.…
- Placing, points, curves, and line streams
- Editing text
- Working with dimensions
- Element attributes
- Changing the display and scales of various linestyle types
- Working with groups
- Modifying and manipulating fences
- Using measure commands
- Working with cells
Skill Level Advanced
MicroStation 3D Essential Trainingwith David Martin3h 37m Beginner
1. More Draw Commands
2. Working with Text
3. Working with Dimensions
4. Working with Element Attributes
5. Working with Groups
6. Using Fences
7. Using Measure Commands
8. Working with Cells
Next steps1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.