See how to measure elements using the distance method.
- [Instructor] In this chapter,…we will take a look at how to use the measure commands…in a design file.…Open the file for chapter seven using measure.dgn…and using view group select the measure distance model.…Using the task navigation dialogue,…select the measure distance command.…The tool settings dialogue now displays the options…available for controlling the distance…that you want to measure.…Set the method to between points…and leave the about set to global Z.…
I want to measure the distance…between the edge of the pavement lines.…If I snap to the ends of both pavement lines,…the distance is displayed in the tool settings dialogue…as 24 feet.…Both true and projected distances are equal…since we are in a 2D design model.…Change the method to along element…and select the building at the top end point…and move the cursor along the element…to the midpoint of the right side of the building.…Notice the dynamic splay that helps you determine…where the distance is being measured along the element.…
The distance is displayed equally…
- Placing, points, curves, and line streams
- Editing text
- Working with dimensions
- Element attributes
- Changing the display and scales of various linestyle types
- Working with groups
- Modifying and manipulating fences
- Using measure commands
- Working with cells
Skill Level Advanced
MicroStation 3D Essential Trainingwith David Martin3h 37m Beginner
1. More Draw Commands
2. Working with Text
3. Working with Dimensions
4. Working with Element Attributes
5. Working with Groups
6. Using Fences
7. Using Measure Commands
8. Working with Cells
Next steps1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.