Linear dimensions are added to the three orthographic view. The process to create angled dimensions is covered for the dimensions placed on the auxiliary feature. The view is rotated to create the center marks at an angle in the auxiliary view.
- Now that we have the views placed, we'll go ahead…and place our linear dimensions.…So we may have to move the views slightly…to allow for the space needed for the dimensions…but we'll deal with that when the time comes.…So I'm going to start with the front view.…And we already have our dimension styles created…but I'm going to check to make sure so I'll go to…element dimension styles, this'll open up the…dimension styles dialog, so we have the four styles…that we need, the two place and the three place dimensions.…Let's go ahead and close that, we'll…go to linear dimensioning.…
And then for this front view, we'll change the…alignment back to view, so that aligns the dimension…line to the view.…And then we'll keep location manual turned on.…And then I'll go ahead and switch over to two place…inside arrows, oh and then one other thing we need…to change the text style because I had the underline…option turned on and then also we'll switch back over…to the dimension layer and make sure that you set…this back to bi-layer also.…
- Navigating the interface efficiently
- Creating 2D views from 3D solid geometry
- Creating a complex shape
- Creating dimension styles
- Creating a 2D view with title blocks
- Dimensioning and printing a drawing
- Beginning the 3D solid
- Drawing and dimensioning a plate, bracket, and more
Skill Level Beginner
Civil 3D 2016 Essential Trainingwith Jeff Bartels13h 49m Intermediate
1. Introduction to the Software and Projects
2. Drawing and Dimensioning a Plate
3. Drawing and Dimensioning a Bracket
4. Drawing and Dimensioning an Angle Guide
5. Drawing and Dimensioning a Geneva Cam Assembly
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.