The drawing file is now setup. The use of the Accudraw tool/dialog box is shown. The complete profile, slots, and holes are drawn. The corners are also rounded to create the fillets and rounds.
- [Instructor] Okay, so now that we have…the interface and the preferences…and the working units all set up,…we're going to start with drawing the view.…So I'm just going to switch over to a PDF file…of the project so you can see…what we're going to be drawing.…This is a PDF.…You have these in your exercise files folder.…So we're going to start by drawing the…outline of the profile here and then…we'll draw the holes, the slot,…both slots, and once we're finished with that,…we'll be extruding this a distance of .375.…
This is shown up here in the notes section.…So at this point, refer to this when we draw.…I'll be referring to this drawing myself…as we set up the different lines for the project.…Okay, so we're not really too worried…at this point about the origin of the project.…We're just going to start drawing…in a random place on the screen.…Later on I'll show you how to move the…project over to a zero zero zero location.…So let's go to the drawing panel,…and we'll start with our line tool.…And you can use smart line if you'd like,…
- Navigating the interface efficiently
- Creating 2D views from 3D solid geometry
- Creating a complex shape
- Creating dimension styles
- Creating a 2D view with title blocks
- Dimensioning and printing a drawing
- Beginning the 3D solid
- Drawing and dimensioning a plate, bracket, and more
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to the Software and Projects
2. Drawing and Dimensioning a Plate
3. Drawing and Dimensioning a Bracket
4. Drawing and Dimensioning an Angle Guide
5. Drawing and Dimensioning a Geneva Cam Assembly
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.