In this video, the Workspace menu is covered and specific categories are changed to suit the preferences required for the projects. The Look and Feel, Mouse Wheel, Operation, and View Options categories are explained.
- [Instructor] OK, now that we have the…user interface set up the way we want it,…lets go into drawing preferences.…So I'm going to go up here to workspace preferences.…So this is the menu that we'll use…to set up the preferences…for how the interface looks.…If you're on a multiple-user system…like say at a company and you have…three people using the same computer at various times,…you can name these preferences your own.…But for now I'm just going to leave it set up…pretty much as the default preferences.…
So we'll start, we're not going to hit…all these categories, but just a few of these.…So lets start with input.…So for you AutoCAD users out there,…we have an option here to use the escape…key to stop the current command.…Typically in MicroStation we don't use that.…That's an optional thing, but if you're comfortable…using the escape key to end the command that you're in,…you can click this checkbox which I'm going to do here.…Alright, lets go down to look and feel.…So this is used if you want to…change the size of the tool palates.…
- Navigating the interface efficiently
- Creating 2D views from 3D solid geometry
- Creating a complex shape
- Creating dimension styles
- Creating a 2D view with title blocks
- Dimensioning and printing a drawing
- Beginning the 3D solid
- Drawing and dimensioning a plate, bracket, and more
Skill Level Beginner
Civil 3D 2016 Essential Trainingwith Jeff Bartels13h 49m Intermediate
1. Introduction to the Software and Projects
2. Drawing and Dimensioning a Plate
3. Drawing and Dimensioning a Bracket
4. Drawing and Dimensioning an Angle Guide
5. Drawing and Dimensioning a Geneva Cam Assembly
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.