The next solid for the project using the Slab Feature tool. After the slab is placed it is rotated to the appropriate angle. The solid is then unioned (joined) to the base solid using the Union Feature tool.
- [Narrator] In this section, we'll be adding…the auxiliary solid, so I'mna continue…to work in my rotated view, here.…So, what I need to do is place a slab feature or solid…here in this area and what I'm going to do is…is I'mna first place it in a vertical orientation…and then I'mna rotate it, my 25 degree angle.…So, we're going to be using a new tool for this.…So, it's over here in feature modeling,…it's called slab feature and this allows us…to add a basic primitive type shape.…
So, you can see here in the pallette,…they have slab feature, they have sphere,…cylinder, cone, torus, and wedge.…So, these are the basic primitive solids…that a lot of different CAD programs have available.…So, if you don't want to use the profile method,…you can always draw in a primitive solid and then modify it;…so that's what we're going to do for this one.…So, I need to punch in my length, width, and height.…So, I'mna click all these check boxes.…My axis, we can use the accudraw or points method.…
So, now for my length, I can just pick…
- Navigating the interface efficiently
- Creating 2D views from 3D solid geometry
- Creating a complex shape
- Creating dimension styles
- Creating a 2D view with title blocks
- Dimensioning and printing a drawing
- Beginning the 3D solid
- Drawing and dimensioning a plate, bracket, and more
Skill Level Beginner
Civil 3D 2016 Essential Trainingwith Jeff Bartels13h 49m Intermediate
1. Introduction to the Software and Projects
2. Drawing and Dimensioning a Plate
3. Drawing and Dimensioning a Bracket
4. Drawing and Dimensioning an Angle Guide
5. Drawing and Dimensioning a Geneva Cam Assembly
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.