The dimensions are added to the views. An additional dimension style is created for the three-place dimensions. The symbols used for counterbore, depth, and countersink are given.
- [Instructor] So now that we have the 2D view…set up, let's go ahead and add in our dimensioning.…So I'm going to start by setting up an additional…dimension style for there are three place dimensions.…So let's go into element, dimension styles.…So we already have our two placed inside and outside…arrowhead styles that were created in project one.…So let's go ahead and right click and do a copy.…So this will be called Mac1-1.…And then instead of two place, it'll be set for three place.…
Then the only difference here is in…our accuracy setting under units.…We'll change this to three place dimensioning…or accuracy, and then I'll go ahead and duplicate…my outside arrowhead dimension style and do the same thing.…So we'll set this to three place out…and then the only difference here is once again,…we're changing the accuracy.…And then if we see any issues later on,…we'll go ahead and make our changes as well.…We can change the dimension style later.…And then let's go ahead and save all these.…
So you can just select all three of these and hit save.…
- Navigating the interface efficiently
- Creating 2D views from 3D solid geometry
- Creating a complex shape
- Creating dimension styles
- Creating a 2D view with title blocks
- Dimensioning and printing a drawing
- Beginning the 3D solid
- Drawing and dimensioning a plate, bracket, and more
Skill Level Beginner
Civil 3D 2016 Essential Trainingwith Jeff Bartels13h 49m Intermediate
1. Introduction to the Software and Projects
2. Drawing and Dimensioning a Plate
3. Drawing and Dimensioning a Bracket
4. Drawing and Dimensioning an Angle Guide
5. Drawing and Dimensioning a Geneva Cam Assembly
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.