In this video, all of the dimensions are added to the project. The Linear, Radial, and Angular dimension tools are used. After the drawing is dimensioned and moved to the correct location on the sheet, the drawing is printed to a PDF format. The project is also printed in a 3D format.
- [Instructor] So now we're ready to add dimensions…to the drawing so I'm going to go ahead…and use my linear dimension tool first…then we'll start down here and we'll go ahead…and start by adding our first dimension line coming out.…Since this is an A sized drawing, it's small,…we're going to be using .375 spacing…from the edge of the part.…So the way the dimensioning tool works in Microstation.…So we start with this first point,…snap on your second point, and then as you drag down…it helps to go ahead and set your origin at the…edge of the part and then so that way when you…drag down you can type in the distance of .375.…
So this will give us our first dimension line space.…And then I'm going to move my text to the appropriate location.…I can do that by changing my location here to manual.…So before it was set to automatic, now it's set to manual.…And then you'll notice the dimension style here…is turned blue, that just means it needs to be saved…but you can do that at a later time.…So I'm going to go ahead and add my dimension text…
- Navigating the interface efficiently
- Creating 2D views from 3D solid geometry
- Creating a complex shape
- Creating dimension styles
- Creating a 2D view with title blocks
- Dimensioning and printing a drawing
- Beginning the 3D solid
- Drawing and dimensioning a plate, bracket, and more
Skill Level Beginner
Civil 3D 2016 Essential Trainingwith Jeff Bartels13h 49m Intermediate
1. Introduction to the Software and Projects
2. Drawing and Dimensioning a Plate
3. Drawing and Dimensioning a Bracket
4. Drawing and Dimensioning an Angle Guide
5. Drawing and Dimensioning a Geneva Cam Assembly
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.