In this video, dimension styles are created for the project. The Dimension Styles dialog box is used to create and update the dimension style for the project. Custom line styles are imported into the drawing. Center marks are added.
- [Narrator] So now at this point we have the view,…attached to the 2D title block.…So now we're ready to create dimension styles for this.…So we're going to start with our first dimension style,…by going to Element, Dimension Styles,…and then we'll create a new style called Mech,…that's short for mechanical, one dash one,…and then dash 2plc.…So, what this means,…is a mechanical style dimensioning style.…One to one or one dash one means one to one,…or full scale, and then the dash 2plc,…means two place decimal.…
So later on we'll create a three place decimal,…and so forth.…Okay, so let's go ahead and start with the Geometry tab.…Most of these settings are correct,…we just want to verify or walk you through the changes,…that you'll need to make for this dimension style,…and then if we do have some different settings,…we can always change this later on.…It'll update existing dimensions.…So let's start at the Terminators section here.…So I'm going to change this to Filled Arrowheads.…This width and height just controls the ratio,…
- Navigating the interface efficiently
- Creating 2D views from 3D solid geometry
- Creating a complex shape
- Creating dimension styles
- Creating a 2D view with title blocks
- Dimensioning and printing a drawing
- Beginning the 3D solid
- Drawing and dimensioning a plate, bracket, and more
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to the Software and Projects
2. Drawing and Dimensioning a Plate
3. Drawing and Dimensioning a Bracket
4. Drawing and Dimensioning an Angle Guide
5. Drawing and Dimensioning a Geneva Cam Assembly
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.