A complex shape is created from the individual lines of the profile of the plate project. The display style for the isometric view is created to give the object a smooth shaded appearance. Lastly, voids are created at the intersection of the interior solids for the slots and holes.
- [Instructor] So now that we've completed the profile…of the shape and the interior features,…we're going to go ahead and create a complex shape from this.…So we're going to be using another tool palette here,…it's number six under the Groups toolbox.…I'm just going to dock this over here as well.…So you can kind of see how we're progressing here,…we're putting up different tool palettes…and we're docking them up here.…So the ones that get more widely used…we dock up here to save from having to go back…into the main task.…Okay, so I'm going to go ahead and click the…Create Complex Shape tool.…Now this is where you can find out if you drew…this accurately or not.…
So if you have small gaps here at the corners…you may have a little trouble getting the…complex shape to show up.…But if you've followed the steps…and trimmed everything properly,…you shouldn't have any small gaps here.…So we're going to be using the automatic method.…So what this does it allows us to click…on the edge of a shape…and it'll track around automatically…
- Navigating the interface efficiently
- Creating 2D views from 3D solid geometry
- Creating a complex shape
- Creating dimension styles
- Creating a 2D view with title blocks
- Dimensioning and printing a drawing
- Beginning the 3D solid
- Drawing and dimensioning a plate, bracket, and more
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to the Software and Projects
2. Drawing and Dimensioning a Plate
3. Drawing and Dimensioning a Bracket
4. Drawing and Dimensioning an Angle Guide
5. Drawing and Dimensioning a Geneva Cam Assembly
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.