The Array Feature tool is used to array the two profiles for the cuts around the edge of the cylinder.
- [Instructor] So now that we've finished up the keyway,…let's go ahead and make the cuts.…So I'm going to tile my views once again.…So we want to be able to see the top orientation here,…so what we're going to do is create a profile…for the slot that's on the left side of the cam.…So I'm going to go ahead and start by drawing a line…and we'll start from the center, and it doesn't matter…where we are on the Z-axis when we do this.…We just need to have a straight line…so I'm drawing the line in the top view,…but I'm looking at it also in view number two…so I can make sure this is straight and not at an angle.…
This ACS icon's in the way,…so let's go ahead and turn this off as well.…So now I'll just use my "move parallel" command.…We'll se this to half of the width…which is half of .281, ao we'll so .281/2,…and then I'll offset the line in both directions.…And then we don't really need to worry about the endpoint…here, so I'm just going to cap this with a line.…What needs to happen, though, is we need to draw an arc…
- Navigating the interface efficiently
- Creating 2D views from 3D solid geometry
- Creating a complex shape
- Creating dimension styles
- Creating a 2D view with title blocks
- Dimensioning and printing a drawing
- Beginning the 3D solid
- Drawing and dimensioning a plate, bracket, and more
Skill Level Beginner
Civil 3D 2016 Essential Trainingwith Jeff Bartels13h 49m Intermediate
1. Introduction to the Software and Projects
2. Drawing and Dimensioning a Plate
3. Drawing and Dimensioning a Bracket
4. Drawing and Dimensioning an Angle Guide
5. Drawing and Dimensioning a Geneva Cam Assembly
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.