The 2D views are referenced onto the sheet. The Copy/Fold Reference tool is used to create the auxiliary view. The auxiliary view is merged into the file so that the extra lines may be removed. The Saved View dialog tool is used to create a custom isometric view.
- [Instructor] Now that we've finished the 3D solid,…we're ready to set up the two dimensional view.…So I'm going to switch over to my B size border sheet view.…We've already set up the title block from our last project.…Now, what we're going to be doing is bringing in…the two dimensional views and also the isometric view.…I'm going to go to my reference tool…and then we're going to attach our last project file.…We're using 04_06 which is our current file…and then we'll do our front view first.…
We'll use that as our base view.…I'm just going to place this just about here.…Just a rough location to give us…enough room for our dimensioning.…We can always move the view later.…And then I'll use my copy fold reference…and we're going to not references the right view.…That's really not a necessary view.…Instead we'll just reference our top view.…We'll reference about horizontal line,…third angle projection.…Now we'll come up here.…I'm going to place a view fairly close to the notes here.…
Now, for our next view it's a little different story here.…
- Navigating the interface efficiently
- Creating 2D views from 3D solid geometry
- Creating a complex shape
- Creating dimension styles
- Creating a 2D view with title blocks
- Dimensioning and printing a drawing
- Beginning the 3D solid
- Drawing and dimensioning a plate, bracket, and more
Skill Level Beginner
Civil 3D 2016 Essential Trainingwith Jeff Bartels13h 49m Intermediate
1. Introduction to the Software and Projects
2. Drawing and Dimensioning a Plate
3. Drawing and Dimensioning a Bracket
4. Drawing and Dimensioning an Angle Guide
5. Drawing and Dimensioning a Geneva Cam Assembly
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.