The Models dialog box is covered. This is to create a sheet view for the 2D views of the project. The Reference tool is used to insert the border and title block text files. The front view of the project is placed and the notes and title block text are filled out.
- [Instructor] Okay so now that we have the…3D solid done, we're going to go ahead…and create a cheat view of this project.…So this'll involve using the Models tool,…so I'm going to go ahead and open up the Models dialog box.…So right now we have our default three dimensional views.…So we're going to create a new view, it's a sheet view.…And we're going to click on the Create Model tool,…and then this opens up another dialog box, Create Model.…And then up here at the top you're going to use…just Sheet, not Sheet from Seed.…
And we're going to verify that the…working units are still correct also.…For the name of the sheet,…we'll just keep it simple, call this A-Size Border.…And then we don't need to worry about…description or reference logical.…And then same thing down here,…we can go ahead and eliminate or turn off…the Display Sheet Boundary because we're going to be having…a title block and a border that shows the edge of a sheet.…And then we don't need to worry about any of this, okay.…So let's go ahead and hit the OK button.…
- Navigating the interface efficiently
- Creating 2D views from 3D solid geometry
- Creating a complex shape
- Creating dimension styles
- Creating a 2D view with title blocks
- Dimensioning and printing a drawing
- Beginning the 3D solid
- Drawing and dimensioning a plate, bracket, and more
Skill Level Beginner
Civil 3D 2016 Essential Trainingwith Jeff Bartels13h 49m Intermediate
1. Introduction to the Software and Projects
2. Drawing and Dimensioning a Plate
3. Drawing and Dimensioning a Bracket
4. Drawing and Dimensioning an Angle Guide
5. Drawing and Dimensioning a Geneva Cam Assembly
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.