The 2D version of the cam and drive wheel drawing is created. A detail view of the keyway portion of the cam is placed. The views are not dimensioned in the demo.
- [Instructor] Now that we've completed…the assembly drawings.…We have both assembled and exploded.…What we're going to do next,…we'll come back to this file a little bit later,…but we're going to go back and create…two-dimensional views for the cam…and the drive wheel.…So I've already saved out the file…under the new file name,…so I'm going to go ahead and close this for now.…And actually, what I'm going to do…is before I close this,…I'm going to go ahead and detach all these parts.…And we'll reattach them later.…So I'm going to hit detach.…
And then, I'm going to go here to my models dialog,…and we'll get rid of exploded.…We don't really need this.…And then I'll just change this back to default.…We're not going to really be using the…3D part of this.…We're only going to be using this file…for the 2D views.…So now I'm going to go to my B size border view,…and then I'll go ahead and detach…all these references except for…the B size border of course.…
And then, we're not going to include…dimensions on this.…All I'm going to do is just show you…
- Navigating the interface efficiently
- Creating 2D views from 3D solid geometry
- Creating a complex shape
- Creating dimension styles
- Creating a 2D view with title blocks
- Dimensioning and printing a drawing
- Beginning the 3D solid
- Drawing and dimensioning a plate, bracket, and more
Skill Level Beginner
Civil 3D 2016 Essential Trainingwith Jeff Bartels13h 49m Intermediate
1. Introduction to the Software and Projects
2. Drawing and Dimensioning a Plate
3. Drawing and Dimensioning a Bracket
4. Drawing and Dimensioning an Angle Guide
5. Drawing and Dimensioning a Geneva Cam Assembly
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.