The Assembly file is created. All of the individual 3D parts are referenced in this file. The parts are then moved into their locations in the assembly. The parts are activated in the References dialog box and their colors are changed for each part. Once the assembled version is completed, an exploded version is also created by moving the parts away from one another.
- [Instructor] Now that we've completed the shaft and key,…our next task is to create the assembly…of all these different parts,…so even though I already have the shaft and key…in this file, I'm going to go ahead and delete it,…and then what'll happen,…is we're going to reference in all the 3D parts together.…So let me go ahead and delete this,…so now we're going to be using the reference tool,…just like we've been using before, for the 2D views,…now we're going be referencing in…the three dimensional parts.…
So what I'm going to do first is tile my views,…and then I'm going to start with the base part,…so I'm going to go to my reference files,…dialog box, or references dialog box.…Nothing's been referenced yet,…so we'll go to our attach reference,…and then we'll go ahead and pick our file…that we created for the base and shaft.…So these are the four different drawings…that we're using here,…so they show you a thumbnail here,…so if you forgot which part was which,…you can go through and just click once on each one,…
- Navigating the interface efficiently
- Creating 2D views from 3D solid geometry
- Creating a complex shape
- Creating dimension styles
- Creating a 2D view with title blocks
- Dimensioning and printing a drawing
- Beginning the 3D solid
- Drawing and dimensioning a plate, bracket, and more
Skill Level Beginner
Civil 3D 2016 Essential Trainingwith Jeff Bartels13h 49m Intermediate
1. Introduction to the Software and Projects
2. Drawing and Dimensioning a Plate
3. Drawing and Dimensioning a Bracket
4. Drawing and Dimensioning an Angle Guide
5. Drawing and Dimensioning a Geneva Cam Assembly
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.