A finish mark is created and copied to the various places of the project. The Group command is covered to create a group from the lines of the finish mark.
- The last annotative object we need to add…is the finish mark.…So we'll draw this from scratch.…There is no symbol for this that we have available.…So I'm just going to add in a finish mark.…I'll use my dimension layer.…The basic size for this,…is we start with a quarter-of-an-inch long horizontal line,…and then from the mid-point,…we'll come up at a 60-degree angle.…And then the rule of thumb for this…is the height of the center mark…should be three times the text.…
So that'll be 0.375, or 3/8 of an inch.…So this will give us a point that we'll need to trim to.…And then we'll add in another mark…going in the other direction at 120.…(mouse clicking)…And then let's go ahead and trim this corner,…and then we can do the mid-point snap here,…and then trim this corner.…So that gives us a finish mark,…and then I don't need this top line anymore,…and this is ready to go.…
Now what I could do to make it easier on myself,…is I could group this into one single element.…So that's what I'm going to do.…So I'm going to pick all these elements together,…
- Navigating the interface efficiently
- Creating 2D views from 3D solid geometry
- Creating a complex shape
- Creating dimension styles
- Creating a 2D view with title blocks
- Dimensioning and printing a drawing
- Beginning the 3D solid
- Drawing and dimensioning a plate, bracket, and more
Skill Level Beginner
Civil 3D 2016 Essential Trainingwith Jeff Bartels13h 49m Intermediate
1. Introduction to the Software and Projects
2. Drawing and Dimensioning a Plate
3. Drawing and Dimensioning a Bracket
4. Drawing and Dimensioning an Angle Guide
5. Drawing and Dimensioning a Geneva Cam Assembly
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.