The cut is placed using the Place Block and Create Cut tools. The Accudraw tool is used to move the origin of the cut to make the placement easier by using the coordinate key in in the Accudraw dialog.
- [Instructor] Now that we finished the array,…we'll go ahead and place the cut in this region.…We'll stay in this view.…The origin for the cut on the dimension drawing…is at the lower right corner, so we'll use that…as our origin when we do our AccuDraw set up,…so just like we did in project number two,…I'm going to go over here to the Place Block command,…this is also in the Feature Modeling, by the way,…since this is used for cuts.…We can find the same tool up in the Drawing task as well,…but I'm just going to use a Place Block tool…in the Feature Modeling.…And them I'm just going to snap here on the corner.…
Just like before, it orients the AccuDraw compass…to the view, so I'm going to hit T for top…to reorient to the top.…And then what I'm going to want to do here,…actually, let me just hit Escape here real quick.…What I'm going to want to do it actually place the origin here,…but not start the cut at that point.…So let's go back to our Place Block command.…I'm not going to click, instead what I'm going to do…
- Navigating the interface efficiently
- Creating 2D views from 3D solid geometry
- Creating a complex shape
- Creating dimension styles
- Creating a 2D view with title blocks
- Dimensioning and printing a drawing
- Beginning the 3D solid
- Drawing and dimensioning a plate, bracket, and more
Skill Level Beginner
Civil 3D 2016 Essential Trainingwith Jeff Bartels13h 49m Intermediate
1. Introduction to the Software and Projects
2. Drawing and Dimensioning a Plate
3. Drawing and Dimensioning a Bracket
4. Drawing and Dimensioning an Angle Guide
5. Drawing and Dimensioning a Geneva Cam Assembly
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.