- [Instructor] This course is designed to be accessible to beginners of additive manufacturing, as well as people who are new to Meshmixer and 3D software in general. However, if you don't know anything about 3D printing yet, you might still want to get up to speed on a few concepts by watching Learning 3D Printing with Kacie Hultgren in LinkedIn Learning, or Lynda.com. This course will go over the basic concepts of 3D printing. Then, if you haven't already, you'll need to get yourself a copy of Meshmixer, which is easy because it's free for both Mac and PC.
Simply go to meshmixer.com, just click on Download, and then pick your version, Windows or Mac. Now, once you have it installed, I just quickly want to go over a couple navigation basics. I'm just going to click on the Import Bunny default project, and let's take a look at how you can navigate around the object. To orbit around, you want to hold down Alt, or Option on a Mac, and then just left-click and drag, and you can look at the object from any angle. If you have a scroll wheel on your mouse, you can simply use that to zoom in and out, or you can hold down Alt and right-click to zoom in and out.
Finally, to pan, you hold down Alt and middle-click. Okay, once you're caught up with the basic concepts of 3D printing, and you have.
This course was created by Ryan Kittleson. We're honored to host this training in our library.
- Checking and changing a model's scale
- Fixing mesh issues
- Checking a model's balance and adding a base
- Splitting a model into smaller pieces
- Making tab and slot connections
- Increasing thickness for printability
- Making a model hollow
- Exporting a model ready for printing