Join Ryan Kittleson for an in-depth discussion in this video Organizing multiple objects, part of Meshmixer: Additive Manufacturing Job Preparation.
- [Instructor] As we start creating more separate objects,…the complexity of our scene will start to increase,…and it might become difficult to keep track of everything.…Luckily, Meshmixer has an Object Browser…that can help us keep track of things.…Let's see how it works.…Okay, when we split off the back end of the model,…the Object Browser pops up by itself,…however if you don't see it or you close it,…you can go up to View and Show Object Browser…to bring it back.…So, in the Object Browser,…you can see the different objects that make up the scene,…and you can select them by simply clicking on them.…
You can hide them by clicking on the eyeball,…so if we rotate our view around here…you can see we've got a flat surface there on that object,…or we can switch it around.…Now, if we select an object that is currently hidden,…we'll see it in kind of like a ghosted mode.…And then you can hide the other side…and bring back visibility on this piece.…Something else you can do to help keep things organized…is to rename objects.…
This course was created by Ryan Kittleson. We're honored to host this training in our library.
- Checking and changing a model's scale
- Fixing mesh issues
- Checking a model's balance and adding a base
- Splitting a model into smaller pieces
- Making tab and slot connections
- Increasing thickness for printability
- Making a model hollow
- Exporting a model ready for printing