- In this video, we'll get acquainted…with the interface and navigation in Meshmixer.…Let's get started by opening up a file.…Let's choose Import from the home menu here.…And then I'll navigate to the Desktop…where my Exercise Folder is.…In Chapter 3, you'll find Person.obj.…Choose Open.…Now, let's check our preferences.…Up on the top menu here, you can find Preferences.…I like to use the Meshmixer Navigation Mode.…And for this course I want to work…with the Vertex Color Mesh Color Mode.…
You can also just double check that the rest of…these settings are the same as mine.…And I'll choose Done.…Now that we have something in our work space,…let's explore how to navigate.…Now one interesting thing in Meshmixer is the hot box…and you can invoke the hot box by clicking on the space bar.…We can change whether the Camera Snap and Free are on.…I prefer to work with the Snap,…so it's easy to Snap into different…views like left, right and top.…We also have navigation tools.…
If you click and hold on these icons…and then drag around the space.…
- Setting up 3D sensors
- 3D scanning a bust or a person
- Exporting a scan
- Smoothing and filling the mesh
- Automatically repairing the scan with Meshmixer
- Printing your scan with a MakerBot printer
- Optimizing a scan
- Ordering a 3D print with Shapeways
Skill Level Intermediate
1. 3D Scanning with a Sensor
2. Scanning a Person
3. Repairing a Scan
4. 3D Printing with a MakerBot
3D printing with Meshmixer2m 45s
5. Optimizing a Scan
Touching up color3m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.