Join Ryan Kittleson for an in-depth discussion in this video Fixing mesh issues, part of Meshmixer: Additive Manufacturing Job Preparation.
- [Male Instructor] 3D models can be made up…of millions of polygons.…With so many little pieces of geometry…making up an object,…it's very common that something goes wrong…with a few of them.…There might be some polygons missing,…corrupted, attached incorrectly to neighboring polygons,…or there could be unnecessary bits of geometry…floating around causing problems.…In this video, I'll show you how to use Meshmixer's tools…for fixing these issues.…Okay, so I've got my exercise file loaded.…And to start, I'm going to go to Analysis.…
And let's go up to Inspector.…So, what this does is, it shows us all the different areas…where there might be problems.…Now, sometimes it flags things as problems,…or potential problems, that are actually perfectly fine.…First, let's take a look at a blue one.…Now, blue means that there's a hole.…So, I intentionally made this model with a hole back here.…And you can see it's outlining it as blue.…So, Meshmmixer can automatically fix that for us.…If we click on this blue circle.…And you can see it filled that hole right up.…
This course was created by Ryan Kittleson. We're honored to host this training in our library.
- Checking and changing a model's scale
- Fixing mesh issues
- Checking a model's balance and adding a base
- Splitting a model into smaller pieces
- Making tab and slot connections
- Increasing thickness for printability
- Making a model hollow
- Exporting a model ready for printing