Join Sean Colins for an in-depth discussion in this video Who should watch this course?, part of Mobile Device Management with Meraki: Managing iPads.
- [Voiceover] Deploying an MDM solution requires the ability to methodically compare options in a sea of MDM solutions to make the right choice in an MDM solution. Apple has created a marketing message that has people convinced that iOS devices and everything about them should be easy, empowering, and painless. While iPads and other Apple devices are indeed extremely easy to use, administrators should not assume that providing these devices to the users within an organization should be as easy as backing up a truck to the loading dock at their organization and handing them out as if they were office supplies, at least not without a lot of preparation.
We must understand as the wizards and magicians who work behind the scenes to make everything appear to work seamlessly, that iPads are not very effectively deployed without a lot of early planning and hard work on our part. This course is designed to help administrators who are trying to choose an MDM solution to use for their organization to understand the options available in the market and to make a smart decision about which solution to choose. It is also designed for new administrators who are trying to learn how to get a Meraki MDM solution set up for the first time to support their iOS device deployments.
Additionally, I believe that any IT staff seeking to increase their value to their organization by increasing their skills or who are simply looking to better understand all of the pieces of the puzzle that surrounds them will benefit greatly from this course. As a system administrator, you need a resource to help you to get started with your Meraki MDM solution. By watching this course, you will learn about the essential steps that you must take to effectively embark on the journey into mobile device management of iOS devices.
Well over half of the battle here is with the proper setup and navigation of the various systems and programs that Apple has set up to enable the technology. If you need to set up the Device Enrolment Program, the Volume Purchase Program, and a Meraki MDM solution to get your MDM program up and running, this is the course for you. So sit back and relax. There's a lot of information here to digest and I'm eager to walk you through the essentials of Meraki MDM with iPads.
The first steps involve preparation: purchase planning, Apple enrollment, and expanding your Wi-Fi network to serve a large number of new mobile devices. Sean then reviews the merits of different MDM software. He shows how to configure push notifications, set up profiles that control iOS functionality, and shows you how to find and install apps. He then examines the setup process from the user's perspective and explores alternatives to mobile device management, such as app-less deployment and a simple hands-off approach to device management.
- Planning purchases
- Purchasing Apple equipment for the Device Enrollment Program (DEP)
- Enrolling in DEP
- Planning to increase Wi-Fi capacity and coverage
- Setting up Meraki
- Linking devices to MDM
- Creating and configuring MDM profiles
- Setting up an iPad that's been zero-touch deployed
- Examining alternatives to MDM