Learn to set up, deploy, and manage iPads with the Meraki mobile device management solution.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Sean Colins and this is Mobile Device Management with Meraki: Managing iPads. iPads are amazingly easy to administer, if you only have a few, but if you're at a larger organization, getting on the glass and configuring iPads for your users one at a time is beyond impossible. Apple created deployment programs to satisfy large scale IT needs for purchasing and deployment of apps, as well as automatic enrollment of devices into their mobile device management solutions.
Meraki mobile device management is offered by Cisco, one of the most trusted names in enterprise class networking. So we have decided to teach you mobile device management, which could be taught with almost any MDM using the Meraki system of mobile device management specifically. This subject is extremely important to administrators of not only iPads and iPhones, but also Macs, Android devices, and more. So sit back, relax, and get ready to learn all about mobile device management with Meraki.
The first steps involve preparation: purchase planning, Apple enrollment, and expanding your Wi-Fi network to serve a large number of new mobile devices. Sean then reviews the merits of different MDM software. He shows how to configure push notifications, set up profiles that control iOS functionality, and shows you how to find and install apps. He then examines the setup process from the user's perspective and explores alternatives to mobile device management, such as app-less deployment and a simple hands-off approach to device management.
- Planning purchases
- Purchasing Apple equipment for the Device Enrollment Program (DEP)
- Enrolling in DEP
- Planning to increase Wi-Fi capacity and coverage
- Setting up Meraki
- Linking devices to MDM
- Creating and configuring MDM profiles
- Setting up an iPad that's been zero-touch deployed
- Examining alternatives to MDM