Join Sean Colins for an in-depth discussion in this video VPP token management, part of Meraki: iPad Mobile Device Management.
- Our next step is to connect the Meraki system,…which is doing your mobile device management,…to the Volume Purchase Program,…which is where you're going to be buying your applications.…So, to do this, we need to start…actually over in the Volume Purchase Program,…because we need to download a token…from the Volume Purchase Program to install in Meraki.…Let's go over here to this other tab I've already got set up…that is at volume.itunes.apple.com.…On this page, you have two big buttons,…Education and Business.…
If you are a school or an educational institution…and you've signed up for your Volume Purchase Program there,…you'll click on that button.…If you are a business or non-education account,…then you'll click on Business.…My account is a business,…so that's what I'm going to click on here.…What you get to will be essentially the same thing here.…Mine says Business, yours is going to say Education,…but otherwise, this is identical.…Log in with your VPP Apple ID and password.…When you've entered your Apple ID and password,…
The first steps involve preparation: purchase planning, Apple enrollment, and expanding your Wi-Fi network to serve a large number of new mobile devices. Sean then reviews the merits of different MDM software. He shows how to configure push notifications, set up profiles that control iOS functionality, and shows you how to find and install apps. He then examines the setup process from the user's perspective and explores alternatives to mobile device management, such as app-less deployment and a simple hands-off approach to device management.
- Planning purchases
- Purchasing Apple equipment for the Device Enrollment Program (DEP)
- Enrolling in DEP
- Planning to increase Wi-Fi capacity and coverage
- Setting up Meraki
- Linking devices to MDM
- Creating and configuring MDM profiles
- Setting up an iPad that's been zero-touch deployed
- Examining alternatives to MDM
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Management Systems (LMS) Quick Startwith Aaron Quigley41m 44s Appropriate for all
Project-Based Learning: STEM to STEAMwith Dos Pueblos Engineering Academy2h 48m Appropriate for all
1. Purchase Planning
DEP eligibility requirements4m 35s
2. Program Details
3. Wi-Fi Considerations
4. New iPads
5. Managing Devices
6. Setup Processes
Next steps2m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.