Join Sean Colins for an in-depth discussion in this video VPP enrollment, part of Meraki: iPad Mobile Device Management.
- The first Apple deployment program created…was the Volume Purchase Program,…or otherwise known as the VPP.…And I'm going to teach you how to enroll…in the VPP program right now.…Now, the Volume Purchase Program allows you…to set up multiple Volume Purchase Program-only…administrators so that you can spread out…the responsibility of purchasing and distributing apps.…This can help you out a lot if you have multiple schools…in a school district, for example,…or if you've got a very large school…with several smaller programs within the school…that want to manage their apps individually.…
If you're managing a business, you could set up groups…for the different organization divisions…that would logically separate users…of, say, for example, spreadsheet programs…and CRMs from the users of drawing programs…and image editors that might be used in other departments.…IN OS X Server Essential Training, El Capital Edition,…I show you how to use an OS X-based chacheing server…to speed up app delivery over your local network…
The first steps involve preparation: purchase planning, Apple enrollment, and expanding your Wi-Fi network to serve a large number of new mobile devices. Sean then reviews the merits of different MDM software. He shows how to configure push notifications, set up profiles that control iOS functionality, and shows you how to find and install apps. He then examines the setup process from the user's perspective and explores alternatives to mobile device management, such as app-less deployment and a simple hands-off approach to device management.
- Planning purchases
- Purchasing Apple equipment for the Device Enrollment Program (DEP)
- Enrolling in DEP
- Planning to increase Wi-Fi capacity and coverage
- Setting up Meraki
- Linking devices to MDM
- Creating and configuring MDM profiles
- Setting up an iPad that's been zero-touch deployed
- Examining alternatives to MDM
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Management Systems (LMS) Quick Startwith Aaron Quigley41m 44s Appropriate for all
Project-Based Learning: STEM to STEAMwith Dos Pueblos Engineering Academy2h 48m Appropriate for all
1. Purchase Planning
DEP eligibility requirements4m 35s
2. Program Details
3. Wi-Fi Considerations
4. New iPads
5. Managing Devices
6. Setup Processes
Next steps2m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.