Join Sean Colins for an in-depth discussion in this video VPP enrollment, part of Mobile Device Management with Meraki: Managing iPads.
- View Offline
- The first Apple deployment program created…was the Volume Purchase Program,…or otherwise known as the VPP.…And I'm going to teach you how to enroll…in the VPP program right now.…Now, the Volume Purchase Program allows you…to set up multiple Volume Purchase Program-only…administrators so that you can spread out…the responsibility of purchasing and distributing apps.…This can help you out a lot if you have multiple schools…in a school district, for example,…or if you've got a very large school…with several smaller programs within the school…that want to manage their apps individually.…
If you're managing a business, you could set up groups…for the different organization divisions…that would logically separate users…of, say, for example, spreadsheet programs…and CRMs from the users of drawing programs…and image editors that might be used in other departments.…IN OS X Server Essential Training, El Capital Edition,…I show you how to use an OS X-based chacheing server…to speed up app delivery over your local network…
The first steps involve preparation: purchase planning, Apple enrollment, and expanding your Wi-Fi network to serve a large number of new mobile devices. Sean then reviews the merits of different MDM software. He shows how to configure push notifications, set up profiles that control iOS functionality, and shows you how to find and install apps. He then examines the setup process from the user's perspective and explores alternatives to mobile device management, such as app-less deployment and a simple hands-off approach to device management.
- Planning purchases
- Purchasing Apple equipment for the Device Enrollment Program (DEP)
- Enrolling in DEP
- Planning to increase Wi-Fi capacity and coverage
- Setting up Meraki
- Linking devices to MDM
- Creating and configuring MDM profiles
- Setting up an iPad that's been zero-touch deployed
- Examining alternatives to MDM