Join Sean Colins for an in-depth discussion in this video Use Wi-Fi analysis tools, part of Meraki: iPad Mobile Device Management.
- [Voiceover] Now that you understand…a few of the fundamentals of wireless network design,…I want to show you what this practically looks like…when you are using a Wi-Fi scanning tool…to see what's going on around you.…On the Mac, there are several tools available,…but there's one tool that I like…to use called WiFi Explorer.…And when WiFi Explorer first comes up,…it will show you a whole bunch of stuff, and here we go.…And you'll see there's a lot of information.…
So this can be quite daunting.…I'm going to walk you through this a little bit at a time.…First of all, right here in the middle,…you see you've got a few tabs.…I want you to be on the Channels tab…because this allows us to see what I've been showing you…over the last few movies.…That is, the 2.4 gigahertz…and the five gigahertz frequencies.…Now, right off the bat, you'll notice…I've got some networks here called Student Wi-Fi.…I've created these networks to show you…how you would properly design…the overlap in a 2.4 gigahertz network.…
Now, remember, I said there are usually…
The first steps involve preparation: purchase planning, Apple enrollment, and expanding your Wi-Fi network to serve a large number of new mobile devices. Sean then reviews the merits of different MDM software. He shows how to configure push notifications, set up profiles that control iOS functionality, and shows you how to find and install apps. He then examines the setup process from the user's perspective and explores alternatives to mobile device management, such as app-less deployment and a simple hands-off approach to device management.
- Planning purchases
- Purchasing Apple equipment for the Device Enrollment Program (DEP)
- Enrolling in DEP
- Planning to increase Wi-Fi capacity and coverage
- Setting up Meraki
- Linking devices to MDM
- Creating and configuring MDM profiles
- Setting up an iPad that's been zero-touch deployed
- Examining alternatives to MDM
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Management Systems (LMS) Quick Startwith Aaron Quigley41m 38s Appropriate for all
Project-Based Learning: STEM to STEAMwith Dos Pueblos Engineering Academy2h 48m Appropriate for all
1. Purchase Planning
DEP eligibility requirements4m 35s
2. Program Details
3. Wi-Fi Considerations
4. New iPads
5. Managing Devices
6. Setup Processes
Next steps2m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.