Join Sean Colins for an in-depth discussion in this video Setup Assistant manipulation, part of Mobile Device Management with Meraki: Managing iPads.
- View Offline
- In this movie, we're going to talk about this home screen…experience and where we need to go,…not where we need to go, but really where our users…need to go in order to get this iPad ramped up…because this is likely going to be something you deliver…to those users out of shrinkwrap, and then the user…is going to go through this process that you're seeing here.…You'll note that this default screen is the same as an iPad…that you might get directly from a store.…But here we are asked to sign in to iCloud…with our Apple ID and password.…
When your user sees this message pop up, they should be able…to read and understand that the iPad is requesting…the password for the Apple ID listed in the message.…If the user puts in the correct password,…everything will proceed as you see here.…If not, then the user should enter the password…correctly the next time the system asks.…The system will continue to request this password…until the user enters it correctly.…Your users may want to confirm that their…Apple ID is set as it should be.…
The first steps involve preparation: purchase planning, Apple enrollment, and expanding your Wi-Fi network to serve a large number of new mobile devices. Sean then reviews the merits of different MDM software. He shows how to configure push notifications, set up profiles that control iOS functionality, and shows you how to find and install apps. He then examines the setup process from the user's perspective and explores alternatives to mobile device management, such as app-less deployment and a simple hands-off approach to device management.
- Planning purchases
- Purchasing Apple equipment for the Device Enrollment Program (DEP)
- Enrolling in DEP
- Planning to increase Wi-Fi capacity and coverage
- Setting up Meraki
- Linking devices to MDM
- Creating and configuring MDM profiles
- Setting up an iPad that's been zero-touch deployed
- Examining alternatives to MDM